Lapping is the most advanced process available today for sealing of industrial components. Your lapped components develop increased surface shining and durability.
Plasmatech Contract Lapping & Grinding services are available to take care of your work demanding precision flatness and finish beyond the capabilities of your equipment. In our contract lapping & grinding department, you will find the latest in high speed Plasmatech equipment, and we are geared to give you the fastest possible delivery and to assure that you will have the parts when promised to meet your production schedules.
Capabilities include the ability to produce surface finishes with flatness of 1 Helium light band and the roughness of less than 0.01 micrometer (Ra) on a variety of metals, plastics, ceramics, and other composite materials.
With size capacities to 550 mm in diameter, lapping and grinding processes can be tailored to fit any application. General dimensional tolerances as tight as ±0.0001" can be held with flatness tolerances reaching down to 5 millionths of an inch. Tight tolerances and premium surface finishes are critical to the performance of our customers' products which range from mechanical seals to fiber optic components.
We mainly use diamond abrasives for various applications, allowing us to hold sizes and dimensions to very close tolerances; within .0002" in production with flatness requirements of one helium light band (.000012") on many parts
Some of the typical applications for single side lapping are:
• lapping and polishing of 7 inch gate and seat of offshore valves with 10000 psi.
- lapping and polishing of 5 inch gate and seat of offshore valves with 5000 psi.
- lapping and polishing of 5 inch gate and seat of offshore valves with 10000 psi.
- lapping and polishing of 5 inch gate and seat of marine Inconel valves with 10000 psi.
- lapping and polishing of hydraulic pump mechanical seal.
- lapping and polishing of seal ring
- lapping and polishing of seal disk
- lapping and polishing of disk and nozzle.